Fundraising Tips and Resources
Our Current Challenges...
- Unforgiving economic climate- No end in sight for economic struggles.
- Drastic school budget cuts- Greatly reduced funding for extracurricular activities.
- Learning a new paradigm- It's difficult to wean from dependence on public funding, and most schools and organizations have a lack of experience in overcoming this sort of struggle...
Major Categories of Fundraising:
Examples of fundraising products:
- Customized Apparel
- Discount Cards
- Food, Candy or Sodas
- Gift Cards
- Scratch Cards
- Choose a product that your audience needs at a price they can afford.
- Choose a fresh idea/product that is unique for your particular fundraiser.
- Numerous companies offer specialty type products that can be customized for your sports team, event, etc.
Product Fundraising Success Story
Rural Indiana Mom’s success story about fundraising in a very small town…
Mother, Fundraiser, Go-Getter
Examples of service-oriented fundraising:
- Car Wash
- Community Clean-up. Collect used items for recycling (cans/bottles)
- Mow Lawns
- Rake Leaves
- Tree Trimming
- Seal Driveways
- Trash Pickup
- Assess community needs.
- What services can your group offer?
- Win-win for your organization and your community.
Examples of facility signage:
- Print Materials - game programs, flyers, coupon booklets
Benefits of Electronic Sponsor Panels:
- Easily generate revenue stream
- Sell multiple rotating sponsorship packages
- Pays for itself and the scoreboard
- Sell different ads for different events
- No longer restrained to static panels
- Click Here for more about Electronic Sponsor Panels
Sponsor Panel Success Story
Youth Football Coach
Benefits of Online Fundraising:
- Potential to raise funds outside of immediate area
- Not labor intensive for athletes
- Little to no out of pocket expense
- Easy for supporters to donate with minimal effort
EVENT FUNDRAISING EXAMPLES:
- Runs/Walk (5K, Relays)
- Fall Festival
- Talent Shows
- Marathons (Math, Trivia, Jump Rope)
- Zumba workout sessions
- Bake Sales
- Celebrity Event
- Leverage local connections to any celebrities
- Local sports stars, political/business leaders, military heroes, musicians, writers, movie stars, TV/radio personalities - almost anybody within the community who is influential
- Combine celebrity appearance with dinner, auction, or other event
- Determine The Goal- What funds are needed?
- Research Options for Fundraising- Pick a fundraising category.
- Create a Plan- Determine your time frame as well as roles and responsibilities
- Recruit Team